4.15.2008

EXCUSE ME WHILE I GO TO HELL...

Anyone who knows me, knows that I'm not fond of organized religion. I look at spirituality as something that doesn't require the need of other people gathered together and a part of a "team." Because it doesn't take very many bad apples to make the rest of the bunch look ridiculous. Case in point, I'm all for animal rights, but I'll never join PETA because those fuckers are nuts.

But you know who makes PETA look like the Salvation Army? This guy:



When he was the old Pope's right-hand-man, he's the one who tried to sweep all the sex scandals under the rug. Why prosecute and arrest these pedophile Bishops and Priests when you can simply move them from one clergy to another?!

I bring this up because I just read this news article about ten minutes ago...

Pope: 'Ashamed' of clergy abuse scandal

ABOARD THE PAPAL PLANE - Pope Benedict XVI said Tuesday he was "deeply ashamed" of the clergy sexual abuse scandal in the Roman Catholic Church and will work to make sure pedophiles don't become priests.

Benedict was answering questions submitted in advance by reporters aboard a special Alitalia airliner as he was flying from Rome to Washington to begin his first papal pilgrimage to the United States.

"It is a great suffering for the Church in the United States and for the church in general and for me personally that this could happen," Benedict said. "It is difficult for me to understand how it was possible that priests betray in this way their mission ... to these children."

"I am deeply ashamed and we will do what is possible so this cannot happen again in the future," the pope said.


CANNOT HAPPEN AGAIN?! It's already happened you zombie looking bastard!!! THOUSANDS OF TIMES!!!



Even though I saw it over a year (if not two) ago, the documentary Deliver Us From Evil still haunts me. It focused on one single priest, Oliver O'Grady, and the HUNDREDS of children he abused. This was one specific case, and the Catholic Church, (under the instruction of men like Pope Benedict) moved him repeatedly from parish to parish even after O'Grady ADMITTED that he had molested children!

One of the saddest scenes in the film is the Father of one of the abused retelling the story of talking to his daughter about why she kept quiet for so long, (it's estimated that 80% of the victims never come forward) and as he's fighting back the tears, he explains, "She told me, 'Daddy you said you'd kill anyone who ever hurt me, and I didn't want you to go to jail.'"

Think about that while we get inundated with coverage of this Pope's first visit to America. He's not a messenger of God. He's nothing more than a power-hungry CEO of an orgaization that would rather pay off victims than deal with the fact that they have pedophiles amongst them...preying on children as we speak.

No comments: