1.24.2008

YOU KNOW WHAT DOESN'T HELP MY ANXIETY?!

Seeing graphics like this all over the internet:


I know, "Wow Travis, he dies and let's focus on how that makes YOU feel." But it's so sad and tragic to see the years "1979-2008" all over the place. The fact that he was only 28, that he had so much life left to live...it just kicks my anxiety into high gear.

I'm sure the fact that both of my parents are dead has an effect on me, but I constantly used to worry about dying so early, so suddenly. And lately, I haven't felt that. I've felt better than I have in a long while. I have so much to live for.

...but this just makes me realize how short life can be. A reminder of how lucky we all are.

But luckily, there's plenty of assholes that help take my anxiety and turn it into anger. John Gibson from Fox News ought to lose his damn job. I mean, we expect shit like this from Fred Phelps...but John, you should be ashamed of yourself.

No comments: