10.07.2005

I'M OFF TO UTAH...

My work is sending me to Salt Lake City to learn a new computer system for their new Harley location. Weeeeee!!!! UTAH! I believe only Delaware is MORE exciting.

At least there is some good albums coming out next week. Both dealing with covers! Mmmm, I loooooove covers!


Jamie Cullum--Catching Tales.

1. Get Your Way
2. London Skies
3. Photography
4. I Only Have Eyes for You
5. Nothing I Do
6. Mind Trick
7. 21st Century Kid
8. I'm Glad There Is You
9. Oh God
10. Catch the Sun
11. 7 Days to Change Your Life
12. Our Day Will Come
13. Back to the Ground
14. My Yard

I love how he takes songs like "High and Dry" and makes beautiful jazz out of them. Plus his originals are top notch as well. I'm really looking forward to this one.


Dolly Parton--Those Were The Days

1. Those Were The Days
2. Blowin' In The Wind
3. Where Have All The Flowers Gone
4. Twelfth Of Never
5. Where Do The Children Play
6. Me And Bobby McGee
7. Crimson And Clover
8. The Cruel War
9. Turn, Turn, Turn
10. If I Were A Carpenter
11. Both Sides Now
12. Imagine

Don't give me that look. This is an all-covers album...done in bluegrass style. (what do you mean that makes it worse?!) I'm telling you, I'm a sucker for this stuff. Dolly did a cover of Johnny Cash's "I Still Miss Someone" on her last album and it was easily the best song on the album. I'm anxious to see how she handles songs like "Me And Bobby McGee" and "Crimson and Clover."

And, for the record, CLAP YOUR HANDS SAY YEAH is the best album of the year. I was able to snatch a copy on Tuesday and have been listening to it ever since. Beautiful, hypnotic, and strange...it will open your eyes and consume your soul. (in a good way.)

3 comments:

Jamie S. Rich said...

"At least there is some good albums..."

What's wrong with that sentence?

And have you ever met a comma?

Travis said...

quiet you.

Jamie S. Rich said...

You started it.