12.08.2005

FINAL BEST OF YEAR MUSIC PICK...


DAVID GRAY * LIFE IN SLOW MOTION
How in the bloody hell I left this one off the list is beyond me. This album has a special kind of feel to it. It takes me right out of a depressed mood and lifts me into that "Land of Chocolate" place that Homer Simpson loved so much. I've loved David Gray's work for quite some time, A CENTURY ENDS is one of my all-time-favorites, but this latest album is damn good. I do long for more of a "striped down and acoustic" approach, but while he's at the top of his game, why not go with the clean studio sound? Standout tracks include the entire damn album...oh okay, at least check out "Slow Motion" and "Now and Always."

On a side note, iTunes just released a "David Gray iTunes Originals" album with new recordings of classic songs as well as some interesting chats behind some of the song's meanings a couple weeks ago. If you're a David Gray fanatic like myself, you should really go download it.

1 comment:

Jamie S. Rich said...

Hmmm...roll the cursor over to "Favorites," choose link for "Foxymoron," right click, delete.

:b

I can harass you now that my own list is up. Best thing is, you probably haven't heard of half of my picks, so you'll have less ammo.