8.26.2008

JOHN McCAIN: "VERB, NOUN, I WAS A P.O.W.!!!"

Just like Saint Rudy and his "Verb, Noun, 9/11" answer to every single question he ever got, John McCain is now using the tactic to deflect criticism of "I Dunno How Many Houses I Own-gate" (yes, legally, every "scandal" now has to end with "gate.")

On Jay Leno last night, McCain was all laughs and giggles until it came time for the question, "Soooooo, just how many homes DO you own?!" *wink wink, nudge nudge*

Suddenly McCain got defensive and stated, "I spent 5 1/2 years in a prison cell without -- I didn't have a house. I didn't have a kitchen table. I didn't have a table. I didn't have a chair, I spent those 5 1/2 years ... not because I wanted to get a house when I got out."

I have a feeling this isn't going to be the last time McCain plays that card between now and the election. I say we get a drinking game going! One shot every time he mentions being a P.O.W. and two shots every time he refers to us as "My Friends."

We'll be drunk in the first five minutes.

No comments: