4.14.2006

MY SON HATES THE EASTER BUNNY...

So I get a call last night, right before I'm getting ready to get off work. It's Molly on her cell phone calling me on her way home from picking Lex up at the daycare. Since we take him to a church daycare, (it saves us money and his soul!) they went ahead and had the Easter Bunny there on Thursday because they were going to be closed for Good Friday. I asked how it went and Molly replied, "Not well."

"Really?! I figured he would like the Easter Bunny. I mean, who hates the Easter Bunny?!"
Molly answers, "Um, I think that the Wallace & Gromit movie you let him watch every night before bed might have something to do with it..."

Dammit, she was right. I adore Wallace & Gromit and we've been letting him watch their latest adventure "Curse of the Wererabbit" every night before going to bed.

I couldn't stop laughing when I imagined him being led outside to this killer oversized bunny rabbit just like in the movie. "C'mon Lex...it's the Easter Bunny!" I could picture exactly what he would say (and what he tells us way too often,) "No way, man!"

Poor lil' guy. Imagine being two and having awful parents that force you to watch movies about evil giant bunnies and then having your daycare try and place you in one's lap...

Here's Lex and his daycare teacher and the ACTUAL Easter Bunny...
Lex & Easter Bunny

Here's what Lex saw...

No comments: