9.12.2006

NEW MUSIC 9.12.06

What an amazing week this turned out to be! I mean, for starters, Justin is bringing SEXY BACK! Motherfuckers, it's been missing for quite some time...apparently hiding inside of a disco ball...but rejoyce because he's found it and ALL IS RIGHT WITH THE WORLD!!!!



...and now, onto my actual purchases...


LOS LOBOS * THE TOWN & THE CITY
(with artwork by Jamie Hernandez!)

These poor bastards never get enough credit for being one of the best rock bands still around. This album is just as pure and solid as Will The Wolf Survive while experimenting a tad ala Colossal Head.


CITIZEN COPE * EVERY WAKING MOMENT

Saw him open for Ben Folds about five years ago...played all of the instruments himself, some two at a time. Kind of like a funkier Everlast with none of that "hard ass" attitude.


YO LA TENGO * I'M NOT AFRAID OF YOU AND I WILL BEAT YOUR ASS

Besides being the greatest album title this year, (if not ever) it's an amazing album. Needs to be heard to even begin to describe it.

2 comments:

Jason Arnett said...

I looooooved Colossal Head, and am surprised I didn't know about the new Los Lobos. My gratitude, sir, for pointing to yet another way to spend my hard-earned dollars.

Jason

Travis said...

...don't mention it. Quit spelling comics with an "x" and we'll call it even. :p