8.02.2009

A COUPLE MORE AWESOME THINGS I'M CURRENTLY ENJOYING

(Leave me alone, I'm having to work on a Sunday and am booooooored out of my mind!!!)

NOBY NOBY BOY / KATAMARI THEME FOR MY PS3
DSC03429

Every now and then, the PSN offers Themes and Wallpapers that I actually want to display on my PS3 screen. This one beats them all. Keita Takahashi's art style is so damn cute, who cares if he just did these sketches on the side of a paper bag...it brings a smile to your face! (And Lex had fun "finding" all sorts of different objects throughout the art!)

BOB DYLAN'S THEME TIME RADIO HOUR


Not having XM Radio myself, I often rely on reading about the themes and songs discussed on previous shows and trying to track down some of the songs on my own. (And sometimes, buying unauthorized bootlegs of the shows themselves.)

Dylan has an ear for eccentric, interesting music that spans almost the entire 20th century. Broken into hour long themes, (Weather, Love, Crime) these songs each reveal a deeper level than mere music. You get invested in these tunes, enjoying the tales they tell. He constantly manages to find songs and artists that you've gone your whole life without hearing and trust me, your life will be a lil' more fulfilled once you've experienced this journey down Americana history.

No comments: