8.19.2005

THE THE THE HEART OF ROCK AND ROLL IS STILL BEATIN!!!

As many of you know (and a few who did but might have forgot) I work at my family's Harley Davidson dealership. It has it's moments, mostly the "not really having to work and being able to update my blog" parts...but it also has that whole "working for your FAMILY" thing too.

Anyway, we have this big Harley Davidson jukebox and get to fill it with whatever we feel like. I say "we" but in reality, it's mostly my father and stepmom. And so, HUEY LEWIS IT IS!!! Oh, you know you're jealous...

Anyway, here's what I've been up to lately. On my lunchbreak today I headed over to Oak Park Mall. I always head over to the mall on Fridays. It keeps me young, and in touch with my fellow "hipsters." Actually, I don't know why I do it...I know none of you probably have ever been to Johnson County, Kansas, but it's the richest county around. I think it's in the top 30 richest counties in America...so you can imagine the clientele that's in there.

Walking around, I bought Lex The Muppet Show Season One...I say Lex, but it's really for Molly and I. That's the greatest thing about having a kid, you can blame it on him! Molly walks in on me watching cartoons, "LEX wanted to watch them!!!"

But the greatest thing I saw was this 50 year old woman in a baby doll shirt that read, "WHAT'S IN IT FOR ME?!" I thought to myself, "Wow, that single-handedly sums up everything!" This mall, this county, this COUNTRY...it's perfect! That should be America's moto...

I'm about halfway through this amazing book as well.

I'll write more about it as soon as I finish it...but so far it's intense and mind blowing. I can't believe the types of shit that's going on in Iraq right now.

No comments: