2.16.2006

I (HEART) TOYS...

Yes, I'm 26 and I still enjoy buying action figures. I'm not a HUGE nerd and just leave them in the box after I buy them, to ensure their value. No, I break them out and totally have a "action figure parade."

Anyway, the annual Toy Fest is underway in Ney York and here's some highlights (for me anyway. Head over to IGN and see the rest of pics for yourself)



SIMPSONS BUST UPS! These things come in lil' coffin shaped boxes (for the Treehouse of Horror anyway) and like eight different pieces. You put the pieces together and make these awesome tiny sculptures!


If you don't have kids, you're probably missing FOSTER'S HOME FOR IMAGINARY FRIENDS on the Cartoon Network. That's a damn shame. Cause it's got some amazing art design and really smart stories that don't talk down to kids like they're idiots. It also has Edwardo...the one that Bloo and Mac are sitting on...he's the best!


I love this sculpture based off Mike Mignola's BATMAN in the Black & White books. It's a 3D sculpt that looks 2D when you glance at it. So neat!



Molly would kill me if I actually went out and bought something like this, but ain't it cool?! No? I'm a giant nerd for thinking this HELLBOY statue is cool? Psssh, who asked you anyway...


Now, I was really young when MIAMI VICE was on TV...but did one of them reeeeally have a pet aligator?! That's fucked up.



I hate FAMILY GUY, but a lot of you idiots like it...so these are for you. Enjoy it, you mean bastards. I'm still not over you making fun of me for that Hellboy one...



And finally, these aren't toys, but 3D PAPER PUZZLES. Don't ask me how they work, but damn if it doesn't look interesting...

No comments: