3.27.2007

"...ANY DAY I'M HERE COULD BE THE DAY I DIE."



Go buy this week's issue of Newsweek. You have to, if only so that you can get a sense of how so many of our young people are sacrificing so much, while the rest of us go shopping. And hey, I'm right there alongside you.

This entire issue is about "The Iraq War in The Words of America's Dead."

This section of "Last Letters From Iraq" is enough to make you forget about the reasons we went to war and focus on the troops themselves. It'll tear your heart out, I promise.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

doode, my brother is over there right now--and the shit he says they don't get over there is fucking amazing. I just had to send him things that we take for granted---toothpaste, mouthwash, candy, razor, socks, baby wipes (it's how they shower) hand sanitizer, all that shit. it was crazy...
I think you can peep some of the stuff these kids need at anysoldier.com and you can hook up with people and send the troops things directly.

oh yeah---and are you comign out here?>!?! call me fool.

Noir