3.06.2007

...



My Father died last night at the age of 56. I'm now without a Mother or a Father thanks to Cancer. I'll write much more in the next couple of days, but right now I have a couple bottles of Amaretto and a word or two with God to take care of...

Seriously though, I'm actually holding up quite well. In fact, as I got the news last night that he was close to the end, Molly and I were trying to get Lex to get into bed. I'm crying like a baby and ask Lex for a hug. He proceeds to tell Molly, "Mama! You don't hit Dada!! You're in timeout!!!"

Things like that are what will get me through this.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey I'm sorry for your loss. Sometimes people go way to soon, and it's unfortunate that shit like cancer always takes good people and not presidents.

I hope that the pain is eased by past memories shared between you and your father.

If not Ill give you a handjob at APE.
Noir

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about that. My wife and I are keeping you and your family in our thoughts.

If we can help in any way, we're not far.

Z

Travis said...

thanks guys. It's funny how we've remained friends after all these years...we should go hang out on Jim Mahfood's message board just like in the old days...

...or go locate Freakwish...

Anonymous said...

oh I've had that covered for awhile now, http://www.myspace.com/tambla

that lil Taman Eggers. I think that's a much better name then Freakwish