6.24.2005

FRIDAY!!!!

Hot damn it's finally Friday! It's been a hellva week and even though I have to work on Saturdays (only until 4) it's still nice to know the weekend is almost here!

Not that I'll be doing anything exciting this weekend. But any day I can sleep in past 7:30 is good enough for me! No, the fun really starts on Monday. The Kansas City Star is sending me to different events to have me do short lil' comic reviews for their Preview section. Last month it was Rockfest, (which was awful loud and annoying Metal mixed with mud as far as the eye can see) and this time it's Tony Hawk's Boom Boom Huck Jam! I even get a Press Pass, so I can go backstage and interview the skaters and bikers. I only get "five minutes" so if given the chance, I'm going to ask Tony Hawk what the chances of a "Gleaming the Cube" sequel. (If you even get that reference, consider yourself a bigger nerd than me.)

Tuesday's the big ol' birthday and Wednesday (my day off work) is gather my friends at World's Of Fun day! (www.worldsoffun.com) I haven't been on a roller coaster in about 2 years, so I'm itching to get back into it. I have this incredible fear of heights and usually cry like a bitch on the way up to the top, but after it's all said and done, I feel like a MAN!!! Of course, I'm bound to have a few friends give me the old, "Travis are you sure you're TALL enough to ride this ride?!" But hey, what kind of friends would they be if they didn't give me shit?

Anyway, check back next week and I'll post photos!!!

No comments: